Cor Iesus sacratissimum, miserere nobis!

May the Heart of Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hymn of Love, by Saint Francis Xavier


I pray this after having taken Communion, I find it rings very true, especially the part I have placed in bold.

My God, I love Thee, not because
I hope for heaven thereby;
Nor yet since they who love Thee not
Are lost eternally.

Thou, O my Jesus, Thou didst me
Upon the Cross embrace;
For me didst bear the nails and spear,
And manifold disgrace;

And griefs and torments numberless,
And sweat of agony;
E’en death itself; and all for me,
Who was Thine enemy.

Then why, O blessed Jesus Christ, Should I not love Thee well, Not for the sake of winning heaven, Or of escaping hell; Not with the hope of gaining aught, Not seeking a reward; But as Thyself hast loved me, O ever-loving Lord?

E’en so I love Thee, and will love,
And in Thy praise will sing,
Solely because Thou art my God,
And my eternal King.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley, Thanks, I got your comment on Una Voce SA website. I couldn't find your e-mail. You do appear to be on my mailing list with this e-mail beesboerhhs@gmail.com .Send your e-mail address to unavocesa.gmail.com and I will e-mail you all the details.

    God Bless
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete