Cor Iesus sacratissimum, miserere nobis!

May the Heart of Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The greatest gift!

This was something I wrote down a few months ago, after reading a booklet, which I fear may be Modernist, but it had some powerful truths in it none the less. Verse 1 John 4:19* was quoted in one of the chapters of that little booklet, and it inspired me to write this. Although, what I came up with after meditating on what I read was not anything profound, it still touched me at the time.

I want- all people want- to be happy. God knows this. God also knows what will make us happiest.
I want- all people want- to have peace. God knows this. God also knows what will give us peace.
I want- all people want- to be loved. God knows this. God also knows what will give us love.

Happiness, Peace, and Love.

All these can be attained in their fullest through God, in God, and with with God.

God knows this...

That is why He gave us Himself.


*"Let us therefore love God, because God first hath loved us."

No comments:

Post a Comment